Thread: Long Puppy Name
View Single Post
Old 01-30-2009, 11:20 AM   #8
TeresaM
Donating YT 1000 Club Member

You name you puppy whatever you want and it will be the 'right' name for you and your puppy. Don't let others sway you. That's why a lot of parents don't tell what names they've picked out for their baby until after the baby is born. Naming is a very personal discission and you're just lucky you don't have to consult with a DH or kids first.

My Rat Terrier's name was Sadie Mae Ann Louise. She was Texan and thus must have more then the 'normal' two names. I usually just said Sadie or Sadie Mae, but lordy, when that girl heard me say the whole thing she knew the jig was up.

Also, you will end up calling your puppy so many other nicknames, some of which may have nothing to do with his real name, and he'll learn many of them too. Boo is Mr Boo, Ba-Boo, Boo-Boo, Boo-alicious, The Boo-ster, The Boo-anitor, it goes on from there, but he's made me promise to never revile some of them.

I had to stop calling Yogi, Boogerbutt (after a bull on the PBR) because he was actually responding to it. LOL He's still young and I don't want him to get attached to that name.

Can't wait to see your baby and to hear the name!!
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!