Thread: Long Puppy Name
View Single Post
Old 01-30-2009, 09:46 AM   #1
suzeb29
Yorkie Yakker

Default Long Puppy Name

The Newbie Again! lol

I said before in my "hello" message that I already have a name picked out for my furbaby. Here's the trouble... it's a long one. My mother said and I quote "that's a stupid name!" But I don't think so...

I don't want to give it away yet, but it's three syllables. Do you think that's too long? Some people say it sounds like a show dog name, although I'm not looking to show. And there's a first and middle name. lol (The first being three syllables and the second only being one.) I would primarily call him by the first name or maybe Mr. _______ (second name.)

Maybe I'm being too extravagant. But I'm naming him after something that has extra special meaning to me. I mean once I was officially going to get a puppy I had decided on this name. I even purchased his name tags already and I didn't even pick him out yet! So I don't think I'd ever get tired of saying the long name... because I love it! And I think it's original. It's not like "Fido" or "Max" where you could meet 10 other dogs with that same name. (Although there's nothing wrong with simple names, my last dog was Sam.)

So I don't know if I'll change my mind on it, but I want some feedback. Do you think a 3 syllable name is too long? Especially one that can't be shortened? (No nickname.)

Thanks!!!
suzeb29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!