View Single Post
Old 01-30-2009, 05:10 AM   #7
Ellie May
And Rylee Finnegan
Donating Member

Spay and neuter clinics do have a place and there are lots of good vets out there that volunteer for them but the correct anesthetic protocol still needs to be followed and the vet should still have experience. Vets can come right out of school and do these and I personally wouldn't be comfortable with that.

Vaccine clinics may also have their place but then when you are having surgery and vaccines done at this place, how much personally attention is your pup getting from the vet?

I did look at their website and I would choose not to go with them. It says feral or fractious animals will get a look over only. Not sure what definition they are using for fractious (either unruly or irritable or angry) but if they mean irritable, then Ellie is fractious everytime she sees the vet and her physical exam would never be skipped. All in how you look at it I guess... There was no mention of preop blood work, placing an IV before surgery and doing surgery on a heated surface. I also don't know what kind of anesthesia they use. Do they do one dog at a time and take their time or do they rush through? Do they pull baby teeth if he needs that done? What do they use to monitor patients?
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!