View Single Post
Old 01-29-2009, 06:40 PM   #5
Nancy1999
I ♥ Joey & Ralphie!
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Britster View Post
Thanks for your input!

And yes, I do understand that they wouldn't explain to me about the charges since it was a semi emergency, and I'm going to pay them the $52 but... I don't know, I guess I just am so worried what will happen last time will happen again. I'm not really saying it was their fault but I should have informed Myself more about vaccinations and asked her more questions, because she apparently didn't feel the need to let me know the risk factor involved, ya know? I've had 4 other dogs in my life in the past ten years, and none have ever had a reaction like that! So it just freaked me out.
PS- Nancy1999, love your avy!
Oh thank you! Joey's breeder had it written in the contract no Lepto should be given. Also she said that only Isoflurane and Sevoflo gas anesthesia be used, as it's safer for small dogs. Some vets specialize in small breeds; my own vet said he learns most of his breed specific knowledge from the better breeders, so sometimes your breeder can help you out with this. I think it's important that we are all more proactive in our health care, I know my own mother would have never questioned a doctors treatment, but times have changed, and it's really important to get involved. There's so much bad information on the web, it's sometimes hard to sort it all out, but often a little research can help us ask the right questions. I think the website you linked has a place to contact them. Find out if they use Isoflurane or Sevoflo gas, this would help me make the decision. You might also do a search on this at Yorkietalk. (or PM Ellie May)

Last edited by Nancy1999; 01-29-2009 at 06:41 PM.
Nancy1999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!