View Single Post
Old 01-29-2009, 06:11 PM   #3
Nancy1999
I ♥ Joey & Ralphie!
Donating Member

First of all, although I don't know anything about the particular link you gave, I've read many members say that they were very happy with the low cost clinics. These clinics work with volunteers including veterinarians who are often very experienced, but just believe in spaying and neutering, and this is one way to reach more people. I would definitely make sure they used anesthesia, and the proper kind for small dogs, this would be barbaric without it, and you might have to pay for pain medication separately, but this shouldn't be much as they don't need that much.

As far as your experience with your first vet, it's hard to judge if he did something wrong. Sometimes they have to treat before, they talk to you about the bill because minutes matter. I've had an allergic reaction to medication before, and had to pay for a second office visit and new drugs, so I thought this was pretty standard. It's really important to like and trust your vet and their staff, and if you don't feel comfortable with him for any reason, I would find a new vet.

Join today and remove this ad!