View Single Post
Old 01-29-2009, 06:01 PM   #1
Britster
Action Jackson ♥
Donating Member

Default Would you trust this place?

SpayNow.org

It's very close to my home and I found it online. It's a cheaper way to get your dog spayed/neutered, they do it to lower the overpopulation of animals obviously, but do you think it's trustworthy to take Jackson there once he's ready to be neutered? I believe it said it's $65 for a dog under 30 lbs to get neutered, and I'm not sure if that includes the anesthesia or pain meds. And while I want good care for my little man, I also would like to save money if it's just as good. I did some googling and found some good reviews on the place, everyone seemed to like it and said the vet was awesome.

I'm a little disappointed in the veterinarian I took Jackson to for his last set of shots... and I'm scared to bring him back for his next set (he's overdue a few days) and they also offer vaccinations at this place (Spaynow.) At the vet I took him to last time, they all seemed nice and stuff, but they gave him the Lepto shot and he had a major reaction, came home throwing up a lot so I called back and they told me to immediately bring him in so I did of course. (My original thread)They quickly grabbed Jackson from me, brought him back in the room to reverse the shot basically and gave him something else... without even really telling me what they were doing. When they brought him back to me in the waiting room, he was shaking uncontrollably and walking wobbly. They tell me I can leave, so I leave... and they send me a bill for $52 for the re-visit! I thought it was completely unfair that they didn't even inform me there would be a charge. So it was $20 for his DHLPP second vaccination, and $15 for his Nemex/Strongid thing to begin with ($140 in the end for his vet visit) And then $52 to basically REVERSE what I had just paid for. And what irriated me was coming on here and reading most small dogs have reactions to that shot, and I googled it and saw that too... so as a VET, don't you think she should've warned me about that?

Sorry this is so long, but I'm just wondering if I should just take him to this clinic near my house, I don't know what to do!

Last edited by Britster; 01-29-2009 at 06:03 PM.
Britster is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!