View Single Post
Old 01-29-2009, 05:17 PM   #1
LolaLove
Donating Senior Yorkie Talker

Animal Smiley 019 Do Most Yorkie's Have Sensitive Stomachs?

My 2 year old girl, Lola, seems to have an extremely sensitive stomach. She honestly throws up bile (sorry to be gross), pretty often (sometimes more than others). I try hard to keep her from eating grass, but then I heard they eat grass because they have an upset tummy. But then they throw up....it's a lose, lose. So basically, it sounds like you need to cut it off at the source.

I feed her Royal Canin (for sensitive stomachs), and was mixing it with some ID (prescription food for sensitive tummys). It ended up giving her really bad gas, so I got rid of that right away ! Now, I just mix a little fresh turkey/chicken in her dry food.

I try to make sure she doesn't eat of the ground or anything. I just don't know what is going on or how to fix it. I asked the vet, but they didn't give me much insight. The vet said to give her 2mg of pepcid AC everyday. I haven't tried that yet. I met a woman at the park, who said her dog has a sensitive tummy...she said it's common in yorkies. I feel bad for my little one though, and it's RUINING my carpet! Any suggestions?? Does anyone have this problem with their little one?? Thanks so much!! I love having all of you here for my questions!! This a great community!! I'm lucky to be a part of it
LolaLove is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!