View Single Post
Old 01-29-2009, 04:55 PM   #4
RONLYNN
Donating YT 500 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lemonlauren View Post
I wasn't exactly sure where to post this, so I figured I'd just throw it in the general section. To the powers that be, please move it if it should be elsewhere. :-)

Anyways, I thought you all might enjoy this... Doesn't mean they don't exist, but I have yet one of these anywhere (online or otherwise), so I figured some of you might like to humor me showing off my pup's newest handmade gear.

I'm one of a dying breed of traditional craftsmen (ahem craftswomen, lol) and for a living I braid American and Australian style whips out of kangaroo leather (think Indiana Jones, Zorro, etc.) I LOVE my job. Anyways, the other day the idea occurred to me to make Nikko a braided harness... I cannabilized his old spare green harness for parts, and figured I'd give it a shot with a pretty simple basic design. I figure now that I've figured out the design, and that it turned out pretty well, the next one I make him will be a bit fancier and colorful, multiple colors & designs in the braiding and knotwork.

Nikko is so spoiled

Attachment 263206 Attachment 263207 Attachment 263208 Attachment 263209

If it means anything to anyone, here are the basic specs of the harness: 'Roo leather, split and beveled, all black. Braids are a 6plait flat braid, and the decorative knots are 9x4 turksheads. There's no stitching or glue - everything is secured with backbraiding.

Lauren & Nikko

I love it! What are your prices for a harness? do you do braided leashes as well? If so, how much?

** PPU - Petite Pups United Member ** The PINK Club Member **
RONLYNN is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!