View Single Post
Old 01-29-2009, 03:48 PM   #1
lemonlauren
YT Addict

Default Nikko's Braided Leather Harness

I wasn't exactly sure where to post this, so I figured I'd just throw it in the general section. To the powers that be, please move it if it should be elsewhere. :-)

Anyways, I thought you all might enjoy this... Doesn't mean they don't exist, but I have yet one of these anywhere (online or otherwise), so I figured some of you might like to humor me showing off my pup's newest handmade gear.

I'm one of a dying breed of traditional craftsmen (ahem craftswomen, lol) and for a living I braid American and Australian style whips out of kangaroo leather (think Indiana Jones, Zorro, etc.) I LOVE my job. Anyways, the other day the idea occurred to me to make Nikko a braided harness... I cannabilized his old spare green harness for parts, and figured I'd give it a shot with a pretty simple basic design. I figure now that I've figured out the design, and that it turned out pretty well, the next one I make him will be a bit fancier and colorful, multiple colors & designs in the braiding and knotwork.

Nikko is so spoiled

Nikko's Braided Leather Harness-harnesscuteheadshot2.jpg Nikko's Braided Leather Harness-harnesssideview2.jpg Nikko's Braided Leather Harness-overheadwpenny.jpg Nikko's Braided Leather Harness-thicknesswpenny.jpg

If it means anything to anyone, here are the basic specs of the harness: 'Roo leather, split and beveled, all black. Braids are a 6plait flat braid, and the decorative knots are 9x4 turksheads. There's no stitching or glue - everything is secured with backbraiding.

Lauren & Nikko
lemonlauren is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!