View Single Post
Old 01-29-2009, 10:20 AM   #8
Nancy1999
I ♥ Joey & Ralphie!
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LibbieLu08 View Post
Well for my female I was planning to use a diaper. Like the ones they sell on the website on YT. And because I'm always at my sisters or brothers house every weekend I want to be able to bring her out with me when I do go instead of leaving her at home by herself.
So are you telling me that its not good to use for your baby? I'm just very curios. I just want whats best for my fur baby before she comes home.
I just don't think it's good to use a diaper instead of housebreaking. I think it's very confusing for them, and they are wired to not want to poop and pee where they sleep. If they are wearing a diaper, they can't get away from their poop and pee. I'm not sure how long you were talking about, but the length of time makes a difference. I have a car seat/carrier that I use for Joey, and when we visited others he would remain in his little carrier. We would take him out for short supervised periods, and place him on a pee pad, but he was always supervised. I think a diaper is confusing for them, and they are learning lots of new things in the early months. A diaper might be teaching them it's OK to go wherever, or it may even teach them that there is nothing wrong with lying in the own excrement, neither of these lessons I would want my dog to learn because unlearning them could prove to be difficult.

Join today and remove this ad!