View Single Post
Old 01-29-2009, 08:25 AM   #1
babybuddy
Senior Yorkie Talker

Default too cold for walks and potty

My husband and I adopted a 5 month old furball 2 weeks ago. We live in PA, and it has been ridiculously cold to take the little furball out for walks, and when we let him out to do his business, he usually stands on the porch shaking, even with a fleece and coat on. The first few days when we let him outside to go potty he would do really well, even in the cold. We had also trained him to use the pee pads just in case we couldn't let him out due to the weather. Now he won't go outside to potty. We haven't had any pee accidents, and we have been able to catch when he poops in the wrong place and correct him. I'm afraid however, that now that he has gotten use to going on the pad, it will be hard to train him to go outside. What makes our situation a little more difficult is that is has been way too cold to also walk our little one regularly (we have walked him a couple of time when we had a break in the cold weather and he will do his business then...which we praise him for of course). I can start to see that it is affecting him, because he's been acting really crazy...running around the coffee table like he's in a race...running all around the bedroom in big circles really really fast...and he's also starting to nip and growl at us...very hyperactive/anxious. Does anyone have any suggestions about potty training/walking in really cold weather? It's been below freezing 95% of the days since we got our new furbaby!
babybuddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!