View Single Post
Old 01-28-2009, 11:55 PM   #11
stedmansmommy
I Love My Lil' Punkin's
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SweetViolet View Post
In doing our own research, it is important to remember that just because it is published on the internet does not mean it is true! It is dangerous to take anecdotal evidence...somebody's highly subjective experience...as fact. They may be blaming the drug...or vet...or procedure...without regard to the real facts.

That said, I have nothing against research...just make sure you give the strongest weight to the resources that are most credible...like research posted in peer-reviewed journals or research papers by scientific teams...or government websites.

That said, here is something I found about Previcox posted on the FDA website. Please note it is contraindicated for dogs under 12.5 lbs!! The vet should have known better! http://www.fda.gov/cvm/Documents/N141230cis.pdf
Thank you for your post and I agree with you You do want to make sure that the research you have found is factual. Though I do personally like to read stories by the actual owners themselves - it is just nice to hear it in their own words sometimes. But you are right, at times these said people can be upset and may be blaming the vet, etc. - so again it is nice to have FACT to back up those stories. I get that - but I myself also like to read personal stories from people who have experience with using "X" medication on their babies, etc.

You're right, my vet SHOULD have known better. Especially since he is fresh out of school There can only be two reasons why he would have given it to her - either A, he's dumb as dirt and doesn't even know what he is prescribing to his patients (and needs to go back to veterinary school I might add) - or B, he just doesn't give a damn and is only in it for the money. Either one is SCARY.

They have us wrapped around their little paws!
stedmansmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!