View Single Post
Old 01-28-2009, 03:47 PM   #1
stedmansmommy
I Love My Lil' Punkin's
Donating Member

Cry Tatum is sick (bloody gel-like stool again)...

I have been having nothing but computer problems lately (I've been through THREE hard drives now) and I would have posted this earlier but once again my computer was messed up and I couldn't get online until my hubby got home to fix it. I was going to get online on my Blackberry, but it would have taken forever to type all this.

At around lunch time this afternoon I walked into the hall to check the puppy pad that was down to see if it needed to be changed (I only keep one puppy pad down in the house, and it is kept in the hall as that is where Tatum likes to go for some reason) and once again I saw ALOT of bloody gel-like poop on the puppy pad Some of you may remember that Tatum has had Coccidia before (this was back in July of 2007) - well the first thing that came to mind was that she could possibly have it again. Although last time she had it I think she *may* have gotten it from drinking standing rain water from some of the puddles outside (not sure) and it hasn't rained here in a while other than a very light sprinkle and she wasn't even outside. She hasn't been out anywhere where she could have picked it up.

So I immediately got a little baggie out and was going to take a sample of it up to my vets office (I will spare you the pictures I took....) but before I did it I went ahead and called them first. I talked to them and explained what was going on...I even told them that she HAS had Coccidia before and once I gave them her name, they knew who she was (my poor baby is known at the vet's office with all she's been through ). She was asking me questions trying to figure out if maybe Tatum ate something that upset her tummy (she mentioned Gastrointestinal Upset) - she asked me if we give her table food and we do only once in a BLUE MOON and if we do it is a teeny *tiny* piece of "whatever" - but we do know what not to give our babies so we would have never given her something that would hurt her or upset her tummy - nothing spicy, etc. She also mentioned that maybe she ate something outside while being in the backyard or whatever - but I never saw her eat anything back there that she wasn;t supposed to.

I did tell her though that I just started the babies on a new supplement (Solid Gold Seameal) and I have NO idea if this could be what cause it (they have only been on it since last Friday) - but I didn't think that the Seameal would do this to her She said just to be on the safe side, take them off of the Seameal for a few days...which I am going to do.

She said for me to watch her today and tomorrow and if it gets worse (or doesn't go away) to bring her in and they will need to see her, obviously. She hasn't done it anymore as of yet...but we will see what tonight brings. I just hope that it is nothing serious She ate a little bit about an hour ago and has been pretty much sleeping since then.

Have any of your babies ever done this and it wasn't anything? Just an upset - nothing serious? Was just wondering if anyone else had any experience with this.

One thing though....she is on pain meds (due to her having Luxating Patella and being in pain sometimes) and I am beginning to get very concerned about her being on them - actually...I will never give her one of these pills again (I did this morning, but that was BEFORE I read what I did online about them) - please go to the YORKIE HEALTH & DIET section and read the thread that I am going to start titled: PREVICOX WARNING

They have us wrapped around their little paws!
stedmansmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!