View Single Post
Old 01-28-2009, 09:48 AM   #10
TatumsMom
Donating YT 500 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by duckie215 View Post
I think that if you teach your child to be responsibly sexually active its not a necessary shot. Seriously, its been this huge push to give it to every girl before them become sexually active and the doctors and company's are very much trying to scare you into it. The reason they're pushing it so young is because it "loses its effectiveness" after you've had sex. I find it sad that this has to happen to girls at such a young age because their is no open dialogue between parents and their kids. Parents don't know when their kids become sexually active so you give it to them early in the hopes that its not already too late. Sad I think.

Research it, just like anything else before you give it to your daughter.

VERY well said!

My daughters are now 14 and 12 years old. When my 14 year old was getting her vaccinations this past summer, the pediatrician was really trying to push the Gardisil vaccine. I refused to allow it because I have read WAY more negative things vs. positive things about it. I know every mom wants to think that they KNOW their own daughters and know that they will make the right decisions regarding s.e.x. but I truly believe that me and my daughters are on the same wavelength about this issue and I trust them to make the right decisions. It's just not worth risking their lives for a vaccination like this.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!