Thread: Teeth cleaning
View Single Post
Old 01-28-2009, 07:19 AM   #4
Dara311
YT 2000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by loveyorkies47 View Post
Hi All, I am a new Yorkie mom for 2 weeks. I have a 11 week old, tiny Yorkie. I have been trying to brush her teeth with the rubber finger brush as well as a little tooth brush and it seems to be impossible. Her mouth is so small and she wiggles so much that I just can't do it. I am feeding her hard kibble and I have given her chew toy's but I know that isn't enough to clean her teeth. Has anyone else had this problem and have they come up with a solution?

Typically, if you are feeding dry food and giving her chew does, that should be enough for teeth cleaning right now. She is young, and probably won't need to be brushed that much. I would suggest, which you are already doing, but the finger brush is good, however, if her mouth is that small, just wash your hands real well, and try using your finger! I have never brushed Fiona's teeth and she will be 11 months tomorrow, and I"m bias of course, but she has gorgeous white teeth, and all I give to her is dry food, pigs ears, greenies, and chew toys! I really think that it's genetics too with teeth, but try using your finger!!!!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!