View Single Post
Old 10-03-2005, 12:12 PM   #9
yorkiegold
BANNED!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalyorkiLvr
I think most of the breeders on here who own stud dogs have unneutered males like txshopper73, femistvr and Laura to name a few.

I am opposed to neutering too unless there is a good reason to do it. My vet convinced me that a dog, just like a person, should be left with all their parts unless there is a reason that is in the best interest of the dog to have them fixed. I took everyone's advice withput researching it very thoroughly that neutering is healthier and I had my daughter's male neutered. Mine, Hefner, came already fixed. They both still mark a lot and are not completely house trained especially in strange places. They wear bellybands when not at home for this reason...to avoid the embarassment. it is part of being a male dog imo.

I plan not to spay my girls either.

Good luck with your Sammie and, no offense, but I hope your husband wins this battle.
You sure do your research, girl!!

I know that until recently, it was "common knowledge" that spaying/neutering would guarantee a healthier, longer-lived dog.

Now this has been questioned. As with the vaccination controversy, I think a lot more needs to be looked into and a more complex set of recommendations need to be made. It's not as simple as we once thought.

If housebreaking is a deal breaker, however, neutering gives you the best shot at housebreaking a male. I do wish it were not true. We've had a beautiful male puppy in each of our last litters I would've just loved to have kept and bred, but I just can't take the marking. Thank God for folks like you, Kim, who've managed to find a balance between letting them be dogs and living with them as part of the household. It takes talent and dedication.

CJ
yorkiegold is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!