View Single Post
Old 01-27-2009, 07:43 PM   #1
mblab
Donating YT 500 Club Member

Angel Microwave Brownies (New Recipe)

Hi everyone! I know there was a recipe for a microwavable cake/brownie a little while ago. Honestly, I'd gotten that recipe a few months before that post and had tried it a few times, each time with a bad result. Tonight I was looking for a dessert that didn't call for eggs (since I don't have any in the house right now) so I wound up looking for vegan recipes and came across this.

This is AMAZING!!!!! I can't brag about this enough! It's called a brownie but it's more like a banana and chocolate cake. All the same I think I may be in love.

Microwave Brownies

Ingredients (can use vegan versions):

1 banana, mashed
3/4 cup sugar
1/4 cup olive oil*
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 cup flour
4 tablespoons cocoa
1/2 teaspoon salt
chocolate chips

Directions:

Mix wet ingredients in a bowl...add dry ingredients.... mix everything together well and put in a small microwavable safe dish that's been greased up with cooking spray.

Sprinkle with chocolate chips and microwave on high for 4-5 minutes (depending on how gooey you like em).

* I didn't use the full amount of olive oil. I only have extra virgin olive oil and wasn't too thrilled about using a ton of it for a dessert, it just didn't seem like it'd taste too good. So I took a 1/4 cup measuring cup and poured 3/4 of the way olive oil and the rest veggie oil. I know there are a lot oil/fat alternatives I've heard others using apple sauce and other kinds of oils.

**NOTE** This will not do well if it's over cooked, so I'd stay away from really shallow dishes for this one. I used a bowl that I'd normally use for soup or cereal and it was perfect. This will rise just a bit, but not very much.

Preparation time: 10 minutes or less

Most importantly: enjoy!

-Vicky and Zoë
mblab is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!