View Single Post
Old 01-27-2009, 06:57 PM   #1
Ashley V
♥ Chip ♥ Smokey ♥
Donating Member

Default A little worried - any quick advice?

Smokey has had a normal day and has been acting completely normal up until the last couple hours. My husband had went outside for awhile and he was laying by the door. Smokey is my baby and 99.9% of the time will be laying next to me, but this time he was laying by the door leading outside. Chip was whining and running back and forth between the door and me. At first I thought Chip was just upset that Adam left the house and I still think that is the reason, but then I realized that I had no idea where Smokey was. I started calling his name and he didn't come... something else unusual. Of course, then in the back of my mind I'm think that Chip is trying to tell me something so I get up to look and thankfully Smokey is fine. I pick him up and bring him in the room with me, but a few minutes later he goes back and lays by the door.

Okay, so I get on the couch and I start watch a TV show. Hubby comes in about 20 minutes later. About another 10 minutes later, Smokey is sitting on the back of the couch behind Adam's head and I notice that his back leg is visibly shaking. I sat up and felt his body and his whole body was shaking. I pick up and hold him for awhile, but he doesn't stop shaking, so by the end of my show I'm thinking of MAYBE the possibility of a slight drop in blood sugar, so I go to get the nutrical and gave him some. He takes it right away. Well that was about an hour ago and he's still shaking. He's acting normal-ish... just a little more calm than usual and he's shaking. He never shakes! Maybe he's just cold? He doesn't feel cold. Should I give him a little more nutrical? I gave him about a pea sized amount earlier. He's 13 lbs and almost 2 years old, so I don't know what would cause him to have a hypoglycemia issue now.

Karley Marissa born 1/20/12 weighing 8 lbs 11 oz and 21.5 inches long
Ashley V is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!