View Single Post
Old 01-27-2009, 04:02 PM   #15
Koran
Senior Yorkie Talker

LOL We have a 5th wheel but are now looking at class A RV's. I call them tour buses and I really dont want one but when I leave them I miss them! ANYWAY. This is something you can check into in your area. We have pet sitting businesses that hire people for a variety of services for dogs. Its the new "in-thing". These businesses only hire experienced personnel, train them in first aid and interpersonal relationships with people and dogs. They also water plants, pick up mail walk the dogs play with the dogs. Each one is different. The one that I have been interested in using bonds their employees, insists on family visits prior to the visit and even if you go more than once a year they still come visit a couple times so the dogs are not scared of a stranger. They also give meds and follow all instructions. We have several in the area and a friend of mine is a vet tech going to school to be a vet and this is how she is paying for her education. The larger ones with several personnel have different programs. Lunch walks at a per visit price, weekend care in your home, weeklong care in your home or thiers and you can go approve the home. You get the idea. I am sure this is not just a trend in Maryland. Here is a website for my area, you will need to research for yours. Another friend of mine has worked for the Humane society for 20 years and she does this part time.
Koran is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!