View Single Post
Old 01-27-2009, 02:46 PM   #12
newproudmom
YT Addict

i was watching it's me or the dog this morning. She helped the couple resolve separation anxiety by making the couple wear their coats and go in and out of the door a couple of times. After awhile the dog didn't care anymore and was fine. Charlie has separation anxiety especialy at night time. He won't sleep alone in the living room always want to be in our room. We have been slowly trying to get him to sleep by himself. We have been successful this past two nights. What I did was, I put a little of my body oil moisturizer I used on my bath robe. I put the bath robe on a chair next to his crate so that he thinks he is in our room. Every night, I always say "night night" to him before i go to sleep. So what I do is I turned off the living room lights before saying nite nite to him. He has been good..no barking until 5:30am for his bathroom break then he will bark. He is also his daddy's alarm clock for work. It works perfect for us. Now we have to resolve the separation anxiety when we are not home.
newproudmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!