View Single Post
Old 01-27-2009, 11:24 AM   #14
TammyJM
No Longer a Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpuff35 View Post
Cute pics! All your furbabies are adorable. How long did it take for them to warm up to each other? I just brought home a furbaby little boy (Orion) yestreday and his big sister (Cassiopia) is still adjusting. I'm hoping that they get along soon. Keeping fingers crossed.
Well..... it took Livi longer than I think most take. We have had Izzy since she was 11 weeks old and she is now 21 weeks old. I would say it has been the past three weeks that Livi has decided that Izzy's not too bad. However, Liv will still growl and scold Isabeau when she thinks she is getting too playful. But Livi is SUPER big-time queen around here and she thinks that everyone should follow directions....so it has taken her awhile to warm up to a puppy that doesn't know what the word 'rule' means let alone, care. Huckleberry was extremely scared of Izzy at first and would hunch down in a corner when she would come close...that lasted for about three weeks and now he is fine...unless she gets too rough. He then yelps and runs to me or my husband. Our older guy, Harley, we don't expect him to ever truly like Izzy...he just tolerates having the little guys here..he would prefer to be an only dog.

I bet your fur kids will fall in love with each other quickly...my Livi is just more set in her (strict) ways and having a puppy running around was not in her rule book so she was a bit thrown on how to handle it. This is why I am so excited about the friendship that they have formed now

Tammy
TammyJM is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!