View Single Post
Old 01-27-2009, 09:22 AM   #12
marcerella02
Loved by Layla
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jp4m2 View Post
My sister had hers removed a few years ago and has nothing but problems....The doctors don't tell you there are problems that could arise they typically tell you that you can live without a gallbladder just fine. That is not entirely true. Thirty percent of the people who have their gall bladder taken out have digestive problems. Every time my sister eats she has to RUN immediately to the rest room with diarrhea, I guess this is called "bile dumping".. She also has bloating and stomach pains. This is a real side effect from not having her gall bladder. The gall bladder is there for a reason and without one that purpose is compromised.

I also hope you can resolve your problem without the surgery....You might have to do your own research in this area to get all the facts...Good luck....
This is true, however it can be managed with proper diet. The gallbladder deals with fat- so once you have it removed- you should be on a complete fat free diet- which i am- and since seeing a nutritionist (I too had digestive problems afterwards) and taking control of my diet- i haven't had a problem.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!