View Single Post
Old 01-27-2009, 07:37 AM   #7
albister
Senior Yorkie Talker

Ellie had DHLPP-C and rabies.
She threw up, collapsed and went into shock.
She was unresponsive to us.
Yes, she still gets vaccines but not many and not often.
We do titers and core vaccines only.
She hasn't been due for her rabies since this happened.
I don't know what we're going to do yet.

In my opinion, it is extremely dangerous to let the teeth go. I would have them cleaned. The bacteria build up can lead to heart, kidney, liver and lung problems. However, if the vet gave any old drug to calm her down to draw blood, I think I'd be finding a new vet. Then again, some dogs are just really sensitive and anything the vet may give could cause a reaction, so I suppose it depends on what she gave. THE VET SAID THAT SHE WOULD NEED TO BE ALL UPTO DATE ON HER SHOTS AND BE ON HEARTWORM MED. THE VET SAID THE SHOT THEY GAVE HER WAS butorphanol and valium AT THE TIME WHEN SHE GOT HER BLOOD DRAWN LAST YR. IS THAT WHATS IN THE ANESTHESIA? I AM SO SCARED OF VETS. ALL THEY WANT TO DO IS GIVE VACCINATIONS AND OTHER DRUGS WHEN ITS NOT NEEDED. IT MAKES ME FEEL LIKE I DONT EVEN WANA TAKE HER IN ANYMORE BUT I DO WANT TO GET HER TEETH CLEANED. I THINK HER TEETH ARE THE WORST OUT OF MY OTHER DOGS.

If it is asymptomtic MVD, you don't have to do a different diet and supplements if you don't want to but if her growth was stunted and she had a vaccine reaction, you may want to support her liver. Symptomatic or asymptomatic, I am all for giving the liver support. THE FUNNY THING IS SHE GREW SO MUCH WITH IN ONE YR AND GAINED ALOT OF WEIGHT. SHE GETS SO FAT WHEN SHE EATS ALOT BUT WHEN I CONTROL HER FOOD ALIL THEN SHE GETS BACK DOWN. SHE MUST OF GROWN ABOUT 5-6 INCHES OR SO AND GAINED SEVERAL PDS IN LESS THEN A YR PERIOD. WITH MVD DO THEY GROW OR GAIN PDS AT ALL?? [/QUOTE]
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!