View Single Post
Old 01-27-2009, 05:17 AM   #6
maxmom
Donating YT 1000 Club Member

Oh boy, how to begin? My son too wants to leave the nest, only we live in Fl. and he wants to go north (you want to swap? LOL) The gulf area was very prosperous a few years ago when the housing boom, new houses been built and many companies were hiring, the cities were growing fast, but now, since there is no construction going on, many people had lost their jobs, many houses in foreclosure and no new business opening, on the other hand, on the east coast, things as far as jobs, are a bit better, Miami beach, Fort Lauderdale area, just like Shelby&Seymour said, he may find work at a restaurant, bar, a hotel, but still, not as easy as it was a while back, the competition is big, the demand for jobs is big but no many people are offering one.My oldest son works at a Ruby Tuesday while he goes to school, they depend on the tips they get, and customers are not tipping well these days, on Sat. he got a table with a check of 80.00 from where he got tipped 6.00, not even 10%, so yes, he may find a job,but he needs to keep in mind that Florida may not be as glamorous as it sound.
It's just not the right time, I would wait a few months to see what happens with the new administration.
All the best to you and your son
maxmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!