View Single Post
Old 01-26-2009, 02:38 PM   #21
Cares4Dogs
Donating Senior Yorkie Talker

this is interesting subject. My dogs have moody days and fight...i watched dog whisperer... Seemed like my yorkie was trying to alpha and was snatching treats that werent meant for her right out of my hand and did it aggressively. She was tripping me when I was walking too. Jumping to be first at everything. Overly assertive! Just was not a pleasure to be around & acted jealous.

I decided to show her who was boss and I never ever give her a treat first anymore. I make her wait patiently for everything. Any sign of aggression-I put her outside and separate her from everyone and everything. When I hear sweet whinning and begging to come back in--that makes me think her mood has changed and she realizes she's at my mercy for everything & I am in charge. I let her in and she waits patiently for her treat.

This seems to have worked..kind of like rules doing math problems--order of operations. I did that with everything--combing, bath time, food time--all of it. She's really sweet and knows she'll have her turn and being assertive and aggressive wont be tolerated. What works for me might not work for you, but then again-it just might!
Cares4Dogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!