View Single Post
Old 01-26-2009, 11:31 AM   #3
Nancy1999
I ♥ Joey & Ralphie!
Donating Member

Ham roll ups are a favorite in my house. You take a slice of ham, and spread on some cream cheese that has dill mixed in it. I soften the cream cheese and mix about 1 –3 tsp of dried dill per package of cream cheese, and I probably use about a tablespoon of cream cheese on each slice, but I'm not sure. I spread it with a rubber spatula very thin over the whole slice. Add a Clausen Kosher Dill pickle wedge and roll the whole thing up. You would use about 1/6 of a pickle on each slice. Bar-S premium deli ham works well for this, it's cut to the right thickness, and it's rectangular shaped, you roll them up, short side to short side. The guys seem to like to eat the whole thing in a log, but I usually cut them and put toothpicks in them if women are coming. You can make them a day ahead, and just pack in a plastic container with a paper towel, at the bottom to absorb any moisture. If there are any left over, which never happens unless you make an awful lot of them, they keep really well for about a week.

Oh yeah, and go Cardinals!

Join today and remove this ad!