View Single Post
Old 01-26-2009, 10:28 AM   #36
AmyChristine
YT 1000 Club Member

They have to wait untill all of the legal part of this is done before they can begin to adopt these dogs out to a permanent home. And because 80% of the dogs are reported to be pregnant that means that it will be at least four months before many of them will be able to be placed. puppies should be with the mom for 12 weeks for toy breeds. Once they have the legal rights to these dogs. they will start out by placing them in foster homes and rehabilitating the ones that need it then as the puppies get old enough they too will find homes. We have to remember that every home needs to be carefully screened and that too will take time. It will take more than just volenteers to take care of these dogs. They will need food and crates. And hopefully they will get to have treats and toys a blanket to lay on and everything else a dog deserves.

Belive me I would love to go down there and help but I also feel like if they have it under control then I will do other things to help like filling out a form to foster and donate. Many of the people that are helping and are hands on at this point are vets and vet techs, groomers, people that have been rescuing for years and have lots of hands on expierence this is great for the dogs. It is wonderful that so many people have volenteered their time and expertese. I am praying that the people who did this will be procecuted and will never again have the privellage of owning and breeding these wonderful babies.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!