Thread: Head lice? Ick.
View Single Post
Old 10-03-2005, 07:09 AM   #22
ldenise
YT 2000 Club Member

I used to be an instructor in that area..... the head! It is funny how people freek out about head lice. It is a horrible thing to experience but it is not lethal. Perscription med is what you should use (not mayonaise). LOL
As someone stated before your dog can not catch it from you.
I just wanted to add one little story here to try to help prevent another life ruined do to an out break of head lice.
When I was in grade school many many years ago in WVa. A girl got a case of head lice. She was from a fairly poor family. I add that to stress the fact that they didn't just run to the doc for small ailments. Home remedies were the thing in those days. people used kerosene to kill lice. This girl was branded for her entire life for having caused the whole school to be checked for lice. "the cootie girl". Parents told their children not to play with her and not to sit close to her because she was dirty. Instead to educating their children about the subject they acted as tho the girl had a life long, contiegous disease. Almost 1/2 century later she is still shunned because of it.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!