View Single Post
Old 01-25-2009, 03:39 PM   #1
dogears
Donating YT 500 Club Member

Angry Do you drink bottled water?

I don't ANYMORE after watching the movie Flow FLOW. If you have not seen the movie please take the time to watch it. I got mine from Netflix. Here is the trailer Trailer | FLOW

The basis of the movie is the privatization of water. How can you charge a community of people for water? ITS FREE, just like air.

In addition to the madness of privatization of water the movie explores the bottled water industry (we spend three times as much for bottled water, then the amount it would cost to provide EVERYONE in the world with clean drinking water.) In my book that is a problem. Also it was found after testing several brands of water that some were only tap water, some had hazardous chemicals-such as Arsenic in them, and more often then not the label was a flat out lie. As the bottled water industry is not regulated.

The last time I checked it was a CRIME to give someone arsenic. So how is it that these multi-billion dollar companies can feed millions of people arsenic EVERYDAY (and its a known fact) and nothing happens to them???

FYI: Nestle (yes that chocolate bunny from childhood) who by the way owns over 70 bottle water companies makes around $1.8 million a day in profits off water they TOOK from a Michigan community. So they went into this community took the water therefore slowly but surely drying up the water supply, bottle it, and sell it back to the people in that same community and around the world.

FYI: Atrizine a herbicide used here in the US is #1 contaminant in water. And it is a known hormonal disrupter. The irony: the European company that supplies us with this chemical CANNOT use it in their own country because it has been BANNED

Please sign the petition to add article 31 to the Universal Declaration of Human Rights stating that access to clean water is a human right.
Article 31: The Right to Water

Watch the movie and pass it on that others may become aware.
dogears is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!