Thread: Cuddling?
View Single Post
Old 01-25-2009, 03:22 PM   #1
SandysDaddy
Yorkie Yakker

Default Cuddling?

My question is simple; do your dogs cuddle? And, do you like it?

I was thinking about this because Sandy isn't a cuddler. Before I got Sandy, I thought I wanted a dog that loves to cuddle. Sakura cuddles and I don't mind it. It's her way of saying "I love you", I guess. So, when I was looking for a dog, I was looking for a "cuddler". But, then Sandy found me and a few weeks later, I found out the truth: She hates being cuddled. She sleeps in my bed at night and she doesn't insist on sleeping so close that I can't breath. Instead, she has her side of the bed and I have mine. She sleeps on the inside in a fort built out of blankets (built by her) and I sleep on the outside. In the beginning, I would try to cuddle her- but, she'd growl and move to "her" side of the bed. Now, I'm realizing, I don't mind our routine that much. I realized this last night when she did something out of the usual. I was upset last night (meaning I was angry and yelling) and when I went to bed, she crawled over to me and laid her head on my shoulder and her legs on my stomache. I didn't mind this because she instantly made me feel better. But, I guess she was really tired because, she fell asleep there. And, for fifteen minutes, I was very uncomfortable. I felt suffacated. Now, she's not a very big dog- but, nevertheless, it was driving me crazy. So, after fifteen minutes of trying to enjoy the cuddle time, I woke her up. She looked at me like she was thinking "What is it, Dad?" and, when she realized she was on my side of the bed, she crawled over to her homemade fort and fell asleep. And, I breathed a sigh of relief. I don't know why, but, I don't mind the fact that Sandy doesn't like to cuddle. I can actually breathe at night when I'm sleeping and when I'm on the couch watching a movie and in general. Don't get me wrong, she's a very intense dog. When I come home, she's at the front door waiting for me. And, when I pick her up after coming home, the first thing she does is bathe my face in kisses while she's crying and thumping her tail wildly. Letting me know how much she missed me. But, out of all the ways she lets me know she loves me- cuddling isn't one of them.

So, I was wondering, how do you guys feel about cuddling when it comes to your furbabies? And, do your furbabies cuddle? If they don't, do you wish they would? If they do, do you wish they wouldn't?
SandysDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!