View Single Post
Old 01-24-2009, 08:01 PM   #8
shawnzeppi
YT Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chipmunk01 View Post
I am having this same problem. I leave my little one in the guest bathroom that is basically his room. I set his crate in there, I have an automatic food dispenser so he doesn't 'free feed' all day and puppy pads. Well He flips out while he's in there and barks to no end and gnaws at his pad all day. He has yet to catch on after 5 months that i'll be back home later on. (he's 8 months old)

I guess one day it will click for them both, eh?
I dont know. After more than a year and keeping ms Daisy in a crate while we are out, she would not stop going crazy when we left for work. We tried the leave and come back at different shorter intervals and nothing worked. She would always poop in her crate and make a huge mess of herself and her crate. We finally got another yorkie to keep her company and gave her a whole floor to run around on, and its improved the situation a great deal. She still has accidents, but they are much easier to deal with, and there is no poop stuck in her paw pads so she does not need a bath every day. That situation was unworkable. You may try at least letting your yorkie look out a window if possible, I think its less scary than closing them in a bathroom. When we did that, we always used a baby gate and kept the door open.
shawnzeppi is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!