View Single Post
Old 01-24-2009, 11:52 AM   #26
yorkiesmiles
Donating YT 4000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by stovesj View Post
Now they are up to 600 dogs being rescued and 80% of them are pregnant!!!

Here's an update...

Local News | 600 rescued dogs and 80% are pregnant | Seattle Times Newspaper
Yes, it is a puppy tsunami -- it is a horrid disaster that should not be happening! They say 80% are pregnant - I wonder if that is really 80% of the females? Anyway, can you imagine how many puppies that means are soon to be born!!

But I do not understand the newspapers stance - "The Seattle Times is not naming the property owners because charges have not been filed." -- that is crazy! This certainly falls under the Freedom of Information Act. It should not have anything to do with whether charges have been filed.

While I do not live there and do not know how easy it is to access the county assessors website to gain owner information -- (where I live, the assessor's site is a wealth of info, with pictures of the property & easy to use - but I have heard that people all over the country would like to be able to duplicate it.) Whoever owns that property - even if they do not live there, are not involved in the puppy mill needs to be pressured! And I bet that they are the owners of this puppy mill operation -- especially given what those of you on YT have posted about them

Last edited by yorkiesmiles; 01-24-2009 at 11:54 AM.
yorkiesmiles is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!