Thread: Confused
View Single Post
Old 01-24-2009, 11:30 AM   #3
rufus08
Yorkie Talker

Default Thanks

Hoggbond-
Thanks for the advice...Unfortunatly the problem is that I have tried almost all of them!!! That is my big issue. I have not tried really stuffing his crate with blankets; but I know if I put him back in there with his own pee, he would never stop barking...he is relentless!

It is so frusterating because all of the things you said, and those that I have tried SHOULD work. It would be different if he was only a few months old; but he is almost 1 year old. Is it possible that it is out of anger or spite? Someone told me that yorkie's are that way. I mean, I just left the house for 6 hours, and when I got back his cage was dry! I leave it really comfortable for him and with lots of toys, and when I'm home I let him run around and play for hours (I do block a lot of the areas of my home off; but he still has tons of room to play). Maybe he does it at night because he knows that I'm home and he is mad that he is not with me (I didn't mention that he is really attached to me for some reason, and he has been like that since the first time I met him...he is not like that with my husband). I think that he thinks he is a human baby (he even watches TV-even basketball!! lol)

People say that maybe he does not get to play enough; but I do play with him, and he is super active-so I don't think that is it. Even if he plays all day and night, and I take him out right before bed, and cut of his water supply early he will still will wake up after a few hours with a wet cage.

It's funny, the first night that I had him he did not have an accident, and I thought I was really lucky...little did I know what was to come. I will try what you said and hope for the best...I'm just worried because I feel like he should have outgrown accidents in the crate/house by now. I honestly feel like he will never get it. He also has some major behavior problems (not listening)...luckily I got some advice about buying a "bully stick", and that seemed to help so far. I wonder if it's all connected.
rufus08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!