Thread: New puppy
View Single Post
Old 01-24-2009, 05:23 AM   #2
Jessbell
YT Addict

First of all, congratulations on little Timmy! How wonderful that he gets on with Jakey! That's one MASSIVE hurdle successfully avoided!

I know just how frustrating and heart breaking training a new puppy can be, but dont lose heart, he'll get it eventually. Just keep up what you're doing.

As for the other issue, well I think that'll be easier ( and quicker) to solve. How much exercise does he get? The chewing and ripping wallpaper sound slike boredom to me. I'd suggest you take him out for as long a stomp as you can give him! Tire him out and he wont have the energy or the will to be destructive. That's my take on it anyway. He's also probably just started teething so get him some chews and some toys of his own that he can rip into. Make sure they're dog toys/chews though and not any household/personal items you've discarded as that'll only teach him to destroy your home.

I hope you get some of his behaviour sorted out soon hon, I can feel your desperation in your writing. Good luck and let us know how you get on, k?

Jess
Jessbell is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!