Thread: Confused
View Single Post
Old 01-24-2009, 04:36 AM   #1
rufus08
Yorkie Talker

Default Confused

Hi! I have an 11 month old yorkie, and I am still having problems with potty training him.

Basically my issue is: He holds it while I'm at work; but he will go in his crate EVERY night no matter what. I have asked a lot of people what to do (even my vet), and I have tried everything. At first I thought it was a bladder problem; but if he can hold it all day I don't understand how he will go at night (I take him out right before bed and cut off his water supply early). Also, I do not go to bed that early (the absolute earliest is 10pm). The other thing is that he sometimes will pee in the crate at 5am; but other times 2 or 3 am. He starts barking, and I assume he needs to go out so I get up, and he has already gone!

Do you think it is because he knows I'm home? I think it is either that, or maybe because he wants to eat. Sometimes I think it's that because once I get up and clean his crate (and take him out again) he will run right in there for food and then go back to sleep. (but-he really does not like the crate otherwise).

Another thing is...when I am leaving for work (about an hour after I feed him), he will not get up to go outside to go potty (he is sleeping), and then he still holds it all day!!! I don't get it.

Also, he sometimes will let me know that he needs to go out by ringing a bell; but he still will go in the house too! He knows what the word "outside" means, because if I say it he will run to the door.

Does anyone have any idea what is going on? I'm not even mad anymore...I just have no clue!
rufus08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!