View Single Post
Old 01-24-2009, 04:19 AM   #31
keylargolady100
YT Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlafred View Post
I do not let my babies eat off my plate. i dont even let them eat while i am eating. They patiently nap on a rug or their beds until i am finished . Then they get excited to eat from their own bowls. I taught them this so they know their place in our "pack". They dont mind at all and I am happy they dont beg for food while I eat. It is totally annoying to me to have a pet begging for food while we eat. just my opinion...I love them dearly but must have boundaries.
Exactly, my two guys know that as soon as plates comes out of the cabinet, that they go into the other room and lay down. Once they hear plates being washed they are allowed back into the kitchen. I don't want to see them during meal time. That is my time without them under foot or asking for something. They automatically know this and know what is expected, and since I have fed them before we eat, I know they are not hungry. But I have gone the other way where we have eaten first and they still give the same behavior. They are like children, they need boundries, and they expect boundries.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!