View Single Post
Old 01-22-2009, 07:30 PM   #6
abock
Yorkie Yakker

Quote:
Originally Posted by MIZBROWN View Post
Ok gals... Here's the deal. From what I've seen, some just dont like to pee & poop too close to each other. Infact, Ive read about some members having more than one pad placed in their home, because their pups just dont like to pee & poop in the same areas. Meka will be 2 yrs in March and still has an occasional accident. I use pee pads for her and usually have two kind of overlapping eachother...to give her a little more room than just one pad gives. She's always pee'd on them with no problem. However, it never fails that if she's already had 1 or 2 pee's on the pad... her poop will be right next to the pad. It really bothers my husband that she will sometimes poop right next to the pad rather than on it. I have no idea why... I always put the poop on the pad afterwards and take her to it and have tried to show her other ways but she still does this sometimes. She even has times (rare) that she'll poop in the living room When I know she knows where to go. Although, I think those times are out of spite or lack of attention

When she was a bit younger and we kinda gave her free run of the house..we'd put her in her bed and find out in the morning, she would pee on her pad and then travel a ways to go to a corner in the living room to poop. We ended up crate training her to help with this problem.

Needless to say, if they are pooping everywhere, you might want to "shorten the leash" so to say and make sure they arent allowed the opportunity to go off and poop. Meka had to literally stay in every room that I was in, just so that I could keep an extra eye on her. When I saw her sniffing around... I'd make sure to send her to the pad. You name it, I've tried it. Also making sure that after dinner, there were no additional treats and snacks. And even keeping her meals on a schedule, so that I better knew when she was going to use it. It'll take some work, but he can get better.
OH no. I wish it weren't true. My little Sophie (5 mos. ) won't pee or poop in the same place either. She will pee on a pad up to maybe 3 times, thenIhave to replace it. She doesn't like to poop on the same pad whatsoever & goes on the linoleum or carpet about 1 foot from the pee pad. Sometimes she gets it on the pad but rarely. If I put 2 pads down, she will poop on it more ofter, but she will even poop just off the pad when I DO have the 2 down! It is frustrating & yes...gross. Gosser yet, she will eat it if I don't get right there to pick it up. I am currently giving her something called FORBID to help with that problem. Anyhow...good luck and I hope someday they will pee & poop on ONE pad.
abock is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!