View Single Post
Old 01-22-2009, 12:49 PM   #88
doglvrfrombirth
No Longer a Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by yorkiesmiles View Post
What brought you to YT?? It seems you are just here to stir up trouble. You say you are connected this situation in Illinois - go use your time comforting this family or reaching out to the shelter where this dog is. Stop inflaming evryone's comments. You are taking this thread way off topic.

And to answer your questions above, YES! A mother is responsible for their child you do not leave a child in harms way to answer the phone or do anything else. Care of th child is 1st. Cribs are made to keep sleeping child safe from a whole range of things.

Infants should never be left on a parents bed unattended. On the couch while you answer the phone, etc, to all your what ifs. The mother is there to mother - it's that simple.

This is tragic either way. I feel for this family and the blame & grief they will carry.

I highly doubt this dog purposely acted to harm the baby. I am more likely to believe the dog was trying to take the baby to the mother. But we will never know.

But, I do question whether the mother is telling the entire truth. I pray she is, but so many post-depression women have created unbelievable situations and then tried to cast the blame elsewhere.

the saddest parts, a precious life has been lost. One twin will grow up without their sister. And a dog will loose its life with no proof it was aggressive
What brought me to YT? Google.com....I googled the story and this was one of the links. When I noticed the inflammatory statements being made, I felt the need to say something.

I re-read my statement....and nowhere did I ask if a mother was responsible. All mother's are responsible for their children, that's a given. I asked if mothers are supposed to never leave their children out of sight, even for a second and if they are supposed to hover over their children, at EVERY moment of their lives. That's not practical, nor does it happen.

I'm sorry that you feel I'm here to only stir up trouble, as I've stated numerous times already, I'm honestly not trying to offend anyone.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!