View Single Post
Old 01-22-2009, 07:42 AM   #1
tracyb1023
Senior Yorkie Talker

Default ideas for fencing...

We live in a subdivision, and own our home, but there is an HOA that takes care of yard maintenance and has certain regulations.

One of those regulations is that we cannot put up a fence. I was originally ok with that when Remy was younger b/c he was so tiny that he stayed by my side when we went outside off leash. Now that he is older [a year and 2 mos.] and that we've added Roscoe to the family, I cannot trust either of them off-leash. Sometimes they will stay with me if we are going straight to the car BUT if they see something they want [ie: bird, squirrel, another dog, etc] they TAKE OFF.

I REALLY think they would benefit from having an enclosed area where they could run freely [under close supervision, of course] and get some of that excess energy out. We go on walks but it's just not the same.

Many people I know that have small dogs have done the electric fencing and say its great but I just couldn't bear to shock my babies--maybe i'm being ridiculous. Do any of you have any ideas regarding temporary fencing or some type of enclosure I could get for the yard?

thanks!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!