Thread: Hair breakage
View Single Post
Old 08-08-2004, 02:56 PM   #1
LuvOurZoey
YorkieTalk Newbie!

Default Hair breakage

I'm worried about Zoey and I was hoping you guys could help. I posted on YD as well, but you guys are great here as well and I thought you might be able to help me...

When I gave Zoey a bath last week, I noticed that all of the hair on her lower chest (between her front legs) had broken off very short and it wasn't like that the week before. The rest of her fur looks fine. It's coming in really nice and shiny and looks healthy. She had a vet visit the next day and I showed him the hair that came out when I dried her (more than usual, but not tons) and her chest. He said all dogs shed and the amount I had was normal and then said since the hair on her chest was growing back in, not to worry about it!!

My husband said I could take her to another vet if it would make me feel better, but he really thinks it happened from her harness getting a little small on her. So I bought another harness and collar.

Last night I noticed a lot of shorter hairs on her back legs. There is a lot of longer hair on them, but there is probably the same amount of shorter hairs. Now I don't know if I'm just worrying too much or if she has a problem here. The hair on her legs could be new hair coming in (she's fifteen weeks old), but it could also be more breakage. I'm taking her to a new vet tomorrow, just to be on the safe side, but after reading about all the things it COULD be, I'm really worried about her.

I was just wondering if anyone here had the same situation and how it turned out?
LuvOurZoey is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!