View Single Post
Old 01-21-2009, 12:27 PM   #8
QuickSilver
Thor's Human
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brmi1234 View Post
We have a 22-mo-old yorkie. She is four lbs., and just the tiniest, sweetest dog ever. Our other dog is a 2yr old longhaired dachshund female. They get along really well.

I'm very interested to hear from those with doxies! Thor is very interested in other dogs, but uncomfortable if they are bigger than him. Since he is 3 #s, that's a lot of uncomfortable-making dogs. However, I noticed that he got along really well with some daschunds in the park. I think it was because even though they weighed more than him, their heads were still low to the ground.

I have always wanted a short-haired daschund, though I've heard they are not the healthiest breed? I won't get another dog for at least 6 months because Thor still needs some time to adjust. I would love to get him a buddy though.

Also, given his age, size, and temperament, if I were to get another yorkie, it would be a tiny female puppy, and I would prefer not to shell out the kind of cash that would require. With a daschund, I would be less worried about it growing up to be bigger than Thor, though I would still want a young female.
QuickSilver is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!