View Single Post
Old 01-21-2009, 12:02 PM   #14
hunt2gahr1015
Yorkie Talker

Quote:
Originally Posted by TLC View Post
hmmm...not really sure why anyone would suggest PTS (sounds crazy to me)

LP is not a death sentence. Get a consult with a Board Cert. Ortho Surgeon and go from there. If they say surgery is a must, then I say have the surgery done, and I can guarantee you that he will be a brand new boy! And get him on Cosiquin - it's a really good joint supplement.

He should be on antib's for the cyst infection. And once cleared he should be good. If it comes back, than take care of that too!

Unfortunately, puppymill pups, whether they come from a rescue or petstore run a greater risk of defects and sickness, but it doesn't make then any less lovable or deserving at a healthy and happy life....

If you simply can not emotionally or financially take care of this innocent baby, than I suggest finding a reputable Yorkie rescue to take him in, as he surely doesn't deserve to be PTS

I think some people around me have said that just because of everything that he has had. He really has been a sick puppy, there was only a 2 month span since I have had him that he didn't go to the vet. Believe me, PTS wasn't even a thought in my head until someone said it to me. I didn't look at his luxations that way. I am just looking at how much he can handle & how worth it it would be, like if 8mo. down the road he got something else that was life threatening since this seems to be his way of life & all that he has known in his 1 yr 3mo life has been mostly sick.

The 2nd opinion today was a vet who is a surgeon too. That's why I had set the 2nd opinion up with him.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!