View Single Post
Old 01-21-2009, 12:00 PM   #13
Emillie
Yorkie Talker

Hi Jessica and Brinkley,

So sorry to hear about Brinkley but I am sure with your love he will be ok...

My princess is called Emillie and is 15 months old... When she was 5 month I took her for a walk and noticed she fell and was licking her back left leg at that time I thought she had a splinter in her paw or something and carried her home. She continued to keep licking her foot so i took her to the vets who told me she had a luxcating patela... She had to go and have the operation and it did distress me to see her poorly but she showed such strength and ditermination. She recovered still had a slight limp but continued to enjoy her life so much and I thought that she was going to be ok now....

On Jan 2nd this year Emillie fell down the stairs which was not like her and I was devastated but she seemed ok!!!! The following day she started shaking and was limping more so I took her straight to the vets who gave her some medication and said that it was trauma from the fall and to give her complete rest for a coupl of days if that didn't work they may need to do xrays! Over the next day or 2 she got worse and week so I took her back again and the vet said maybe the medication is no good stop giving her that come back in a couple of days we will try something else if that doesn't work we may do xrays!!!! I was so upset and frustrated at this as it ment she would have no pain relief for at least 2 days and I wasn't prepared to do that to her. I contacted a different vet and explained the situation and asked if they would please see Emillie and give me a second opinion as I had to be sure she was ok. The new vets said I could come down straight away which I did, they looked at Emillie and said her unsteadyness wasn't right and they wanted to take her in for xrays!!!
The results of the xrays didn't show any damage (which i thought was fantastic news!!) so they gave some pain relief and said to give complete rest for about 3/4 weeks. Over the next 2 days Emillie became very unwell she started to tilt her head and fall over and then not be able to walk at all I took her back to the vet who rushed her to a Animal Hospital, she had an MRI scan and has been diagnosed with GME, she started chemo 2 weeks ago followed by steroids which seemed to work she started to walk again and I was allowed to bring her home.. Within 2 days of being home she reverted back to how she was so I imediately contacted the hospital who said to take her straight back. That was 1 week ago now and they have been giving her more tablets. She was showing slight signs of improvement but has today withdrawn. The hospital are going to give her more chemo tomorrow a week early as a last hope to control this disease.... Like you my princess is my life I can't bare for her to be in pain but cant give up on her either so am hoping and praying she will be ok...

I would say that all you can do for Brinkley is your best the operation for Luxcating patella is not nice but they are not in too much pain and me and princess spent 2 days in bed together and i just fed her organic chicken (she loved that bit). The infection should go with antibiotics. I have spent 5k on Princess's treatment so know it's not cheap but you just have to do what is best for your baby as you know better than anyone what the are like...

My thoughts and prays are with you both xxxx
Emillie is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!