View Single Post
Old 01-21-2009, 11:50 AM   #11
TLC
Slave to My Rug-Rats
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by hunt2gahr1015 View Post
For the most part Brinkley doesn't show signs of a lot of pain...BUT he does limp A LOT. So I know he is in pain with his knees...unless he is on his Rymadil. But even then he still has a slight limp. But he is a happy puppy. He still loves to play. But he does nap now more then ever, but I attributed that to the coming out of his puppy years slowly but surely.

I had the $ set aside for 1 knee. Not 2. So it's a big financial burden on top of the emotional one right now too.

I just know I have a lot to think about. But all of your help & opinions & prayers do help...Thank you soooo much! I love this site!
Roxy had both legs done at the same time, which cost just about the same as one leg at a time. When they are young and a small toy breed they can recover fine having both legs done at the same time. Plus the 8 week recovery is rough (keeping them contained) - so having both done at the same time is worth only one recovery.

If he is limping often, then the surgery isn't something to put off for too long.

My Mom's little girl (almost 3 yrs old) just had LP surgery - Grade 3 and she had arthritis already set in. Surgery was a success and she is doing quite well!

Last edited by TLC; 01-21-2009 at 11:53 AM.
TLC is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!