Old 01-21-2009, 11:17 AM   #6
TresCutePiggies
Owned by Rory & Lane
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellie May View Post
I'm so sorry.

Is he happy and playful?
If his pain can be managed and you can afford this, there is no reason to euthanize. It is possible that the LP surgery will work just fine. Isn't it worth a try? And the cyst will likely come back, but what if it doesn't? And what if he only has to go under once a year to take care of it? He can get his teeth cleaned at the same time.

Now if he is in pain and nothing can be done for that, then euthanasia may need to be considered, but I just don't see that as a good option right now.

If these problems can be managed and his quality of life is similar to that of other dogs, I'd try it.
I agree. I truly feel for you going through all of this with your little guy. It's so overwhelming. I know how emotionally, not to mention financially draining, it can be to have a sick pet. It's always been my personal belief that I needed to know I tried EVERYTHING for my dog.

I'm sure it's hard to remain optimistic at this point, but the surgery might work just fine! I wouldn't consider euthanasia unless he is in substantial and debilitating pain, and I've had a few vets tell me there is nothing they can do for him. At only a little over a year old, this guy sure has had to fight through a lot, but he might have a very bright future ahead of him if you can find a way to get a handle on this now.

Can you tell if he is happy most of the time? Dogs are much stronger than we often given them credit for...

Good luck!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!