View Single Post
Old 01-21-2009, 10:45 AM   #1
hunt2gahr1015
Yorkie Talker

Default i'm a heartbroken Mommy!

Today my little guy,Brinkley, who is just 1year 3 months, and my BABY BEAR, had a vet visit...actually a 2nd opinion.

I need to give a backround for yas 1st. I picked him up Jan 27th last year from a rescue, he is a puppy mill puppy Since I got him we have had many many problems. A week after I got him he was at the vet, he had a persistent cough that took 3 different meds to take care of. The he had a tummy issue and was on meds for that. Then the typical stuff of his shots and stuff. Then he was neutered. Then he started limping on his right hind leg...well sure enough...he's got a luxating patella which was diagnosed back in Sep. The vet popped it back into place & gave us some pain meds. Then in Oct. back to the vet we went because he was scratching a lot and they said he has seasonal allergies & put him on Prednisone. Then in Dec. he started limping again. At that time they tried to pop the knee back into place but this time it wouldn't go & they told me surgery would be needed within 6mo. Today we went for a second opinion on the knee & to an overall check & because he had a strange spot on his head. Welllllll.......the right hind leg is in advanced luxation and already has scar tissue & arthritis, and he now has it in his left hind leg too And the crusty strange spot on the top of his head ended up being a cyst that burst and is now infected, which they shaved some of his hair away & medicated it. The vet said the cyst will come back & when it does it will need to be surgically removed & tested. And he can get more. And now because the right hind leg already has the scar tissue & arthritis, the surgery may not show any difference. And god only knows what these cysts will end up being and he will need to be put out each time to take care of them.

Needlesstosay.............I AM A WRECK! I don't want him to be in pain. Nor do I want to keep feeling this pain. I don't want to having him go through surgeries. I am just at a total loss! And totally heartbroken! He is my BABY!

Has anyone encountered problem after problem like this? I don't know what to do???
I have talked to a lot of people & gotten mixed suggestions. I know ultimately I can only make any kind of decision. But I am a mess, I keep crying when I think about it or look at his cute little face.
Some are saying to think about putting him to rest so he or I don't have to keep going through this. Or just keeping him comfortable with medications until he is past the point where he isn't comfortable. OMG.......I am sooooooo sad!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!