Thread: Boob question
View Single Post
Old 01-21-2009, 10:05 AM   #1
MindieRose
Donating YT 1000 Club Member

Tongue Boob question

Lilly came into heat when Christmas break started..right around the 21st of Dec. This was her first "big heat", she had kind of a mini heat at about 8 months old prior to this one. She and Diesel did not breed. I was home with them all the time except for when my mom watched them for 2 nights when we had our annual hotel getaway with the kids Jan 1st. My mom said she is very sure that they did not breed while she was here either. My concern though is Lilly's breasts are very swollen. After Lola's first heat, she had hard lumps under each nipple for a little bit, so that wasn't surprising to me, but Lilly's have gotten quite large. She is acting normal, has not gained weight or anything. The only thing she does differently, and this started when she was in heat, is that she burries food in blankets and such. I am positive that she did not breed, and my mom is positive she didnt either (my mom used to breed and show dobes, so she has some experience with this). I plan on breeding her when she comes into heat next time, since it will be her 3rd heat and she will be a little older (she's just over a year now). Is it normal for her breasts to say so enlarged for so long, or could this be a false pregnancy sign? Also, if a dog has a false pregnancy, does it prolong when they would get their next heat?
Proud Mommy of Gavin, Ethan, Morgan, Nia, Olivia, and Kiana and baby #7! Also Mommy to furkids: Cleo ,Lola, Lilly Appletini, and Diesel. and Sunny, Ethan's Golden therapy dog in training.
MindieRose is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!