View Single Post
Old 01-21-2009, 06:59 AM   #7
BLowry
My furkids
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bay-Bay View Post
Little Bailey has 2 baby teeth that need to be taken out, as her adult teeth have come in right behind them. The vet said that they could do her teeth and spay her at the same time. I, however, am scared to have this done.
Bailey is now 8 months old, definitely old enough to be spayed, but she only weighs 2 pounds. I am worried that because of her weight, they might give her too much anesthetic.
I know those teeth have to come out, but I am too scared to make the appointment. Any advice?
I feel your concern! I just had the girls spayed and teeth cleaned...I was a nervous wreck!! Sadie is 4 yrs old and 5 1/2 lbs and Lillie is 2 yrs old and 4 1/2 lbs....I had them both done at the same time. Sadie had to have one of her permanent teeth removed...it was loose and ready to come out so my vet just removed at the time of the cleaning. I thought that Sadie (being older) would be the one to have a harder time coming out of the anesthesia....it was Lillie!! My vet uses sevoflourine...it's a very gentle anesthesia that is used on human geriatric patients. They are both fine now.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!