View Single Post
Old 01-21-2009, 12:41 AM   #4
Erin
Donating YT 1000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catrina View Post
Real thing.. always!! I don't understand why people who buy replicas don't just use that money to buy another purse that isn't "fake"? Most replicas are obviously fake.. so why not just buy a regular non-designer then instead of embarassing themselves?
You stated my opinion a lot better than I could have!

I don't buy designer stuff. OK I have like 3 Vera Bradley's but now they are being made in China and it's not that hard to sew a cotton quilted bag so I just make my own now. But I totally agree. Why buy a fake Coach when you can just go buy NY&Co purse for $25? I totally can't tell the fakes, but anyone who knows Coach (or whatever designer) will know. I'm sure that person isn't trying to impress me, because even if I can't tell it's fake I'm going to think "why did you spend $300 on a purse??" But people that might potentially be impressed are totally going to know it's a fake.

I don't get the designer purses, sunglasses, etc. *Maybe* I would get a pair of designer jeans if I had the body for them and if they were made in the USA. But I dunno, I got some trouser jeans at Eddie Bauer last week for $15 that are awesome. So, probably not
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!