View Single Post
Old 01-20-2009, 03:18 PM   #7
Woogie Man
Donating Member

Well, Ann, you've given me something to think about. Prior to your post, I've never seen anything negative about flax. Do you have any links to any info about this? I'm presently using organic flaxseed oil as a supplement for all my dogs and have noticed positive results, but if there's a clear advantage to using fish oil, then I would like to know about it. I always try to keep an open mind about these things so any new info is appreciated. My present understanding is that flaxseed oil contains the parent molecule for the 3 omega acids and that the body breaks it down in proportion to its needs so more of a balance is achieved. The 'grain' thing doesn't really bother me because, as far as kibble goes, something has to hold the food together and with grainless foods potatoes are used and I don't see where either grains or potatoes are part of the natural diet of dogs. I do understand, though, that grainless foods generally use high quality ingredients throughout while the same cannot be said for many foods that use grains. And, obviously, there are some very poor quality grains that are used in dog food. Sorry for digressing and I'm not trying to start The Great Food Debate all over again .
Woogie Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!